I just thought this was a funny picture(;p). Here is the lowdown on the walking wounded
- Carlos Delgado– May 19 1B Carlos Delgado is expected back in uniform in 10 weeks, GM Omar Minaya said. Dr. Struan Coleman performed arthroscopic surgery on Delgado’s right hip Tuesday morning in Manhattan to repair a labrum tear and address a bone spur. Minaya said he’s content plugging Fernando Tatis and Daniel Murphy at first base in Delgado’s absence. “I see the combination of Tatis and Murphy as full-time guys,” the GM said.
- Alex Cora-May 21 INF Alex Cora had a splint placed on his right thumb Wednesday and will be re-evaluated by Mets doctors in 10 days. Cora has a torn ligament that may require surgery. He estimated he’d be sidelined for six to eight weeks.
- Jose Reyes-Following the game, Jerry Manuel told reporters that Reyes and the team’s trainer will likely fly to New York tomorrow to have his leg examined by doctors
- JJ Putz-Last night, Putz told reporters he is now dealing with a stiff neck, which he described as a ‘nagging thing,’ according at the Daily News.
- Oliver Perez-May 19 LHP Oliver Perez is scheduled to throw 75 pitches on Thursday in an extended spring training game in Florida. Perez is on the disabled list with right knee inflammation.
- Brian Schneider-May 21 C Brian Schneider caught an inning and had an at-bat in an extended spring training game in Florida on Wednesday before it was rained out. That signals that Schneider is getting closer to a return from the disabled list. He originally landed there with a muscle strain in his back but since has experienced recurring calf trouble.